India and Bangladesh signed 22 bilateral documents
- India and Bangladesh on 6 June 2015 inked signed, exchanged, adopted and handed 22 bilateral documents in Dhaka.
- These documents were inked during the two-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bangladesh from 6 June to 7 June 2015.
The documents include
- Exchange of Instruments of Ratification of 1974 Land Boundary Agreement and its 2011 Protocol
- Exchange of letters on Modalities for implementation of 1974 Land Boundary Agreement and its 2011 Protocol
- Renewal of Bilateral Trade Agreement
- Agreement on Coastal Shipping between Bangladesh and India
- Renewal of Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade
- Bilateral Cooperation Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Standardization was inked between Bangladesh Standards & Testing Institution (BSTI) and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- Agreement on Dhaka-Shillong-Guwahati Bus Service and its Protocol
- Agreement on Kolkata-Dhaka-Agartala Bus Service and its Protocol
- Memorandum of Understanding between Coast Guards
- Memorandum of Understanding on Prevention of Human Trafficking
- Memorandum of Understanding on Prevention of Smuggling and Circulation Fake Currency Notes
- Memorandum of Understanding between Bangladesh and India and for Extending a New Line of Credit (LoC) of 2 billion US dollars by Government of India to Government of Bangladesh
- Memorandum of Understanding on Blue Economy and Maritime Cooperation in the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean
- Memorandum of Understanding on Use of Chittagong and Mongla Ports
- Memorandum of Understanding for a Project under IECC (India Endowment for Climate Change) of SAARC
- Memorandum of Understanding on Indian Economic Zone
- Cultural Exchange Programme for the years 2015-17
- Statement of Intent on Bangladesh-India Education Cooperation (adoption)
- Agreement between Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for leasing of international bandwidth for internet at Akhaura
- Memorandum of Understanding between University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India for Joint Research on Oceanography of the Bay of Bengal
- Memorandum of Understanding between University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh and University of Jamia Milia Islamia, India
- Handing over of Consent Letter by Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA), Bangladesh to Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), India to start operations in Bangladesh
K.V. Chowdary is new CVC; Vijai Sharma new CIC
Former Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, K.V. Chowdary, was on Monday, appointed as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner, while the senior-most Information Commissioner, Vijai Sharma, is the new Chief Information Commissioner.
T.M. Bhasin, Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Bank, has been appointed Vigilance Commissioner.
The government and the opposition had on June 1, agreed on the names of the CIC and CVC, the posts that have been lying vacant for over nine months.
The agreement came at two meetings between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Leader of Congress in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge in two different committees.
Meanwhile, Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan, had written to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 20 to publicly disclose the names of persons shortlisted for appointment as Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC).
Senior Supreme Court advocate Ram Jethmalani too raised objections to making Mr. Chowdhry as the CVC.
A selection panel headed by the Prime Minister, which includes leader of the principal opposition party, and senior cabinet ministers selects the CVC, CIC, vigilance commissioners and information commissioners.
The Central Vigilance Commission is headed by a CVC and comprises two vigilance commissioners and today’s appointment constitutes the full Commission.
In the CIC, there are vacancies of four Information Commissioners. The incumbents are Basant Seth, Yashovardhan Azad, Sharat Sabharwal, Manjula Prasher, M A Khan Yusufi and Madabhushanam Sridhar Acharyulu.
R.C. Tayal Appointed New National Security Guard DG
Senior IPS officer R C Tayal has been appointed as the new chief of the elite counter-terror force National Security Guard (NSG).
An official order was issued today after the Union Home Ministry cleared his name for the post.
The 1980-batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre officer is at present serving as the Special Director General in paramilitary CRPF and is heading its formation in Jammu and Kashmir.
He is expected to serve as NSG DG till August next year when he is scheduled for superannuation.
Tata Communications Payment Solutions ties up with FINO PayTech
White label operator, Tata Communications Payment Solutions, today partnered with FINO PayTech, a payment technology provider, to set up more ATM services in rural unbanked regions.
Tata Communications Payment Solutions, which operates under the brand name ‘Indicash’, will install ATMs at the existing FINO Money Marts, the retail outlets of FINO PayTech. Similarly, Money Mart points will be placed at the existing Indicash ATM locations, Tata Communications Payment solutions said in a statement.
IOC to Invest Rs 15,000 Cr to Raise Panipat Refinery Capacity
Indian Oil Corp, nation’s largest oil firm, plans to invest about Rs 15,000 crore in raising capacity at its Panipat refinery in Haryana by 34 per cent to 20.2 million tonnes (MT) by 2020.
IOC owns and operates eight refineries and has only a few weeks back added ninth refinery at Paradip in Odisha. Its eight refineries have a cumulative refining capacity of 54.2 MT of crude oil and addition of 15 MT at Paradip refinery has helped it regain the top refiner slot in the country.
It overtook Reliance Industries, which has twin refineries at Jamnagar in Gujarat with a capacity of 62 MT.
11 Indo-Canadians honoured for strengthening bilateral ties
Eleven Indo-Canadians have been honoured here with ‘ICCC Annual Awards 2015’ for strengthening bilateral ties and their business achievements besides contributions to the economy. Avinash Mehra, vice president of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce was among 11 winners which include Nisha Agnihotri, Prashant Pathak, Neeru Gupta, Manjul Bhargava, Hargurdeep Singh, Avish Sood, Rajiv Manucha, Asim Ghosh, Jag Parmar and Venkatesh Mannar.
Each award, carrying a trophy and citation, was presented by Toronto mayor John Tory and president of the Indo-Canada Chambers of Commerce (ICCC) DP Jain. ICCC was founded in 1977. It is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation dedicated to promote bilateral, social, cultural and economic ties between the two countries.
Serena Williams wins third French Open — her 20th Grand Slam title
Serena Williams won her 20th Grand Slam title and third French Open crown at Roland Garros on June 6, 2015, clawing her way back from a break down in the last set to defeat Lucie Safarova 6-3, 6-7 (2/7), 6-2.
With 20 Grand Slam titles Williams is now second on the Open-era list, two shy of Steffi Graf. She is also now halfway to winning all four Grand Slam titles, in the same year, a feat previously achieved by just three other women, the last being Graf in 1988.
Mauritius regains top slot as source of FDI in India
Mauritius has regained the position as top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India by pushing Singapore to the second slot in 2014-15. Mauritius accounted for about 29 per cent of the country’s total FDI inflows last fiscal. In 2013-14, Singapore had replaced Mauritius as the top source of FDI into India. India attracted $ 9.03 billion in FDI from Mauritius in 2014-15, whereas it was $ 6.74 billion from Singapore, according to the data of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
Although Singapore has come down to the second position, foreign inflows from that country are increasing year after year. FDI inflow of $ 6.74 billion in 2014-15 was the highest ever received from Singapore since 2006-07. Other nations from where foreign inflows are increasing include Japan, the Netherlands, the US, Germany, France and the UAE during the last financial year.
Stan Wawrinka stuns Novak Djokovic to win maiden French Open title
Stan Wawrinka spectacularly shattered Novak Djokovic’s dream of a career Grand Slam on Sunday when he became the oldest winner of the French Open in 25 years. The 30-year-old Swiss claimed a famous 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 victory to secure his second career major after the 2014 Australian Open. It ended world number one Djokovic’s bid to become only the eighth man to secure a career Slam as he slumped to his third defeat in a Roland Garros final in four years. Wawrinka became the oldest champion in Paris since Andres Gomez in 1990 after just his fourth win in 21 meetings against the Serb.
Safarova-Mattek-Sands win French Open women’s doubles title
Lucie Safarova made sure she left Roland Garros with at least one winner’s trophy after the Czech left-hander and Bethanie Mattek-Sands won the women’s doubles title. Less than 24 hours after losing to Serena Williams in the singles final, Czech Safarova and American Mattek-Sands beat Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 in front of a sparse crowd on Philippe Chatrier Court. It was their second successive major title following success at the Australian Open in January.
Lewis Hamilton wins in Canada to end Nico Rosberg’s resurgence
Defending world champion Lewis Hamilton bounced back and increased his lead in the drivers world championship when he drove to a well-measured victory ahead of Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in the Canadian Grand Prix.The two-time champion made the most of the 44th pole position of his career to lead from the lights to the chequered flag, finishing the 70 laps contest at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2.2 seconds clear of the 29-year-old German. It was Hamilton’s fourth win in Canada, his fourth win this year and the 37th win of his career, lifting him 17 points clear of Rosberg in the title race with 151 points to the German’s 134.
Japan’s Momota wins Indonesia Open
Japanese rising star Kento Momota crushed defending champion Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark at the men’s singles finals to win the Indonesia Open. In a nail-biting 66-minute battle, the two-time world junior champion Momota showed grit and tenacity as he chased down every shot and battled for every point to a well-deserved upset win of 16-21, 21-19, 21-7.
Luka wins gold, India finish third at Asian Athletics Championships
Tintu Luka bagged her maiden gold in a major international event by winning the women’s 800m finals as India finished with five medals on the final day of competitions to sign off third in the 21st Asian Athletics Championships. India secured a medal haul of 4 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze in the championships to finish third behind China (15, 13, 13) and Qatar (7, 2, 1). Japan (4, 3, 11) and Bahrain (3, 3, 2) finished fourth and fifth respectively.
This was India’s best finish after 2007 in Amman, Jordan where the country was placed second. National record holder Luka clocked her season’s best timing of 2:01.53 to clinch the gold at Wuhan Sports Center. China’s Zhao Jing (2:03.40) took the silver while Sri Lankan Nimali Klarachchige (2:03.94) won the bronze.
Noted Telugu poet Dasaradhi Rangacharyulu passed away
Well-known Telugu writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee, Dasaradhi Rangacharyulu, passed away in a corporate hospital here. He was 86 and had been ailing for the past couple of weeks.
1. Sajjan Singh Cheema was named the president and Jayasankar Menon as the secretary general of the Indian Basketball Players Association (IBPA).
2. Tejaswini Sagar from Aurangabad has added yet another feather to her illustrious cap by winning the gold medal in the Asian School U-15 Chess Championship which concluded in Singapore.
3.Barcelona has lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy for the fifth time.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today presented a hand-woven tapestry, that showed “Kalpavriksh tree & the Kamadhenu cow”, to his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
5. Germany’s biggest lender Deutsche Bank appointed John Cryan as its new CEO after co-chief executives Anshu Jain and Juergen Fitschen resigned following criticism from investors.
6.Bihar’s first India-Pakistan trade, food fest ‘Aman ke Saat Rang’, kicks off in Patna
7. Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejunivetion Uma Bharti has launched nationwide Jal Kranti Abhiyan (campaign) from Jaipur, Rajasthan to consolidate water conservation and management in the country.
8.With the Maggi controversy raising serious health concerns, food safety regulator FSSAI today ordered testing of noodles, pastas and macaroni brands such as Top Ramen, Foodles and Wai Wai sold and manufactured by seven companies to check compliance of norms.
FSSAI : Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
9.Three days after issuing circular to hospitals to conduct two-finger test on rape victims andfacing criticism, the Delhi government decided to revoke it today.
The circular was issued to hospitals on May 29 stating that Per Vaginal (PV) examination, also referred to as ‘two-finger test’, for rape survivors can be conducted with their consent.
Note : The Supreme Court in May, 2013 also had held that the test violates a survivor’s right to privacy and had asked the government to provide better medical procedures to confirm sexual assault.
Women’s rights activists have also been objecting to this test for years.
10.Sudhir Bhargava, former Social Justice and Empowerment Secretary, has been named as Information Commissioner (IC).
11.Peter Petherick (72), the former New Zealand offspinner, passed away.
12.Former India left-arm spinner Venkatapathy Raju is all set to guide the national cricket team from Nepal during their ongoing 15-day camp in Dharamsala.
13.A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and Netherlands for development of vaccines.
The MoU signed under ‘Make in India’ initiative of Government of India will enable the Bharat Immunologicals and Biologicals Corporation Ltd (BIBCOL), a Central PSU under Department of Biotechnology, to develop Measles – Rubella vaccine at its plant at Chola, Bulandshahr, Institute for Translational Vaccinology (INTRAVACC) a government-based institute of the Netherlands will extend technical support for the development of vaccine.
Prime Minister of The Netherlands : Mark Rutte
14.Ali Smith Wins Literary Award
UK Author Ali Smith was conferred the 2015 Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction for the novel How to be Both.
15.Sharing of Teesta Water Rivers Included in Joint Statement
A key contentious issue between India and Bangladesh, the sharing of the river Teesta waters has made it to the joint statement
16.Senior NCP Leader Passes Away
Veteran NCP leader and former minister Govindrao Adik passed away at the age of 76 following a lung infection
He is survived by his wife, three daughters and son
17.Aircraft Wings That Can Fix Themselves Invented
Team of British scientists have produced aircraft wings which can be fixed on their own after being damaged, indicating the rise of self healing technology
18.Missing Link Between Brain and Immune System Discovered
Team of researchers from University of Virginia’s School of Medicine have found the brain, similar to every other tissue is connected to the peripheral immune system via meningeal lymphatic vessels
This may explain medical mysteries such as why persons with Alzheimer’s disease have large protein plaque accumulation in the brain
Incoming search terms:
- how to write 9 june 2015 in 5 letters
- how to write 9th june 2015 in 5 letters
- just try this IAS question How do u write 9th June 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers ?? Waiting for right answer
- gk june 2015 pdf
- how to write 10 june 2015 in 5 letters without using number
- 9 june 2015 in 5 letter
- how do u write 9th june 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers ?? waiting for right answer
- how do you write 9th june 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers
- 9th june 2015 in 5 letter
- How do u write 9th June 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers ?
- how can we write 9 june 2015 in 5 latter
- How do u write 9 june 2015 In 5 letters without using numbers??
- just try this IAS question How do u write 9 June 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers ??
- how do you write 9 june 2015
- 9 june gk bankers adda
- 9 June 2015 in five letters
- how do you write 9 june 2015 in five letters without using numbers
- how to write 9th june 2015 in 5 words without using numbers
- banker saddda
- DaT-31/7/2015-Free download-BANGLADESH-VIDEO NEWS 9-DHAKA-
- 9 june 2015 in letters
- just try this IAS question How do u write 9 June 2015 in 5
- 9 th june 2015 in 5 letters without using numbers
- how do u write 9 june2015
- ias question 9 june 2015