Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Eight friends Prakash, Arun, Dinesh, Gupta, Vinoth, Ramesh, Karthik and Anand live on eight different floors of a building but not necessarily in the same order. The lowermost floor of the building is numbered 1 and the topmost floor of the building is numbered 8. Each of them likes different months viz, January, February, March, April, May, June, July and August but not necessarily in the same order.
· The one who likes February lives on an even-numbered floor but not on the topmost floor
· Only one person lives between Ramesh and the one who likes May.
· Only two persons live between Ramesh and the one who likes February.
· Neither Vinoth nor Dinesh lives on the first floor.
· Only one person lives between Dinesh and the one who likes March.
· Prakash lives just above Ramesh. Only two persons live between Vinoth and Prakash.
· The one who likes May does not live on floor number one, Arun lives on an even-numbered floor and just above Dinesh.
· The one who likes April lives on an even numbered floor and lives just above the person who likes August
· Dinesh does not like May or August. Only two persons live between the one who likes June and the one who likes January, Gupta does not like July.
· The one who likes June does not live on an odd-numbered floor. Anand lives just below the one who likes August.
1). How many persons are between the one who likes April and the one who stays on 4th floor?
2). Karthik likes which of the following month?
3). Who lives on fifth floor?
c) The one who likes April
d) The one who likes May
e) Both option b and d
4). Which of the following combinations is true?
a) 1 – Gupta – July
b) 4 – Vinoth – February
c) 3 – Ramesh – August
d) 6 – Anand – June
e) 7 – Dinesh – January
5). Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence they form a group. Which one of the following does not belong to that group?
Explanation With Answer Key:
Directions (Q. 1-5) :