- “Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi” was born 2nd October, 1869 at Porbandar in the royal family of “Karamchand Gandhi” & “Putli Bai”.
- Lord Mayo conducted the first census of India. (1871)
- He started the department of Agriculture and Commerce in India.
- He started the statistical survey of India (SSI) which later on became (ISI) (India statistical Institute)
- He started the famous “Mayo College” at Ajmer and Rajkot College at Gujarat for Indian Prince and Princess.
- He was the only viceroy to be killed during his term of office by a Pathan known as “Sher Afridi” at Andaman, 1872.
1.Who conducted the first census of India?
2.When was the first Census conducted?
3.Who built the Mayo College at Ajmer?
4.Name the Viceroy who was murdered at Andaman?
5.When was Mahatama Gandhi born?
Ans: 2nd October, 1869.
- He started the Indian Forest department, 1865.
- He extended the telegraphic communication upto the European countries.
Name the two persons involved in Indigo Revolt?
Ans:Digambar Biswas & Bishnu Charan Biswas
Who is known as the viceroy of the reverse character.
When Queen Victoria was given the title of “Kaiser-i-Hind”?
Ans:At “The Grand Delhi Darbar” of “1877”